Happy New Year!
Each year I have a “wish list” of things that I’d like to accomplish in the new year. They’re never resolutions, which are preordained fail – but it’s nice to start a new year off with a fresh slate; an entire year ahead of you to get some stuff done and make some positive changes.
What did I want to accomplish in 2010?
- Use the fancy new gym downstairs
- Graduate kollege
- Scoot to Seattle
Spend more time in Portland More scandals!
- Go swimming
Survive the Olympics Do more crafty things Have all the fun ever
Hmm. Can’t say I knocked a lot of those out of the park, and the ones I DID do I’d have to put a disclaimer on: the scandals were just lame drama; I did SOME crafty things but could have done more; there was a great deal of fun that I didn’t have so clearly I didn’t have all of the fun available to me to have. I’ll work on that for the upcoming year, along with these things:
- Finally scoot to Seattle (dependent on Ed getting a motorcycle)
- Fly somewhere exotic
- Hang out with more people doing awesome things
- Plan fewer things. I originally had a huge tirade written for this topic but was urged not to post it – I will simply say that I will spend less time planning fun group things, as I am apparently the only one who found them any fun at all. Instead, I will DO fun things, and if anyone wants to come along, awesome. I don’t know how successful I’ll be at this; since this morning I’ve already planned three different activities with various people. This may have been the least amount of time to have broken a goal ever!
- Cook more! I like cooking.
- Buy fewer apps >:E
- Volunteer somewhere and do some good
- Be happy
- Make my own adventures
- Continue to be my own party wherever I go
- Attempt to do some “official” blogging – there has to be SOMEONE out there who wants juicy, flavourful event coverage .. right?
Those will do, I think. What are your goals for 2011? What do you hope to see in the year ahead? All the best to everyone ever – now let’s go out and have some fun!