I live in the future.
- Technical Writer and won’t shut up about it (dude I love technical writing)
- Lives at #halfwack
- Many cats (4)
- One Ed
- Lives to travel when the world isn’t fucking ending
- Likes gadgets and toys and things that connect to the internet
- Very sparkly
- Medically complicated
- Sexually and racially ambiguous
Priorities change, so here’s a new “About Me” section for the 4 people a year who come on by.
I am all about these things:
- Diet Coke
- Having a fully charged iPhone at all times
- My scooter, Lola
- Living in Vancouver
- Wishing I was in London
- Wanting a pug and 9 more kittens
- Being an information architect in the mobile industry
- Taking pictures of things
- Embracing my inappropriateness
- Worrying about my chipped tooth
- Not having babies
- Procrastination over the workshop I’m supposed to be architecting
Alright, time for an update.
Kimli at a Glance:
- I started my blog in 2001
- I live in regular Vancouver with 3 cats, 6 computers, 10 video game consoles, 2 scooters and one boy (hitched, not bred)
- I’m a technical writer by day, masked crime fighter by night
- I love Diet Coke
- I am painfully shy around people I don’t know
- Yes, they’re real and I’m aware I should probably cover up
- I do crafty things for fun like make pins out of porn and sometimes jewellery (not out of porn)
- I truly love Vancouver
- My life is often ridiculous but I wouldn’t change it for anything
- I don’t drink – allergic – but am not straight edge
- I am inappropriate
- I love genitals of all kinds
- EVERYTHING is a dirty joke to me
- I do not have or want children – I’m the president and founder of Team No Babies
- I am frequently outraged
- This list is little more than procrastination over the presentation I’m supposed to be writing
I suppose this is worth a shot: I’m looking for a job in the video game industry. Any suggestions or tips would be much appreciated; I can be reached via this website or by email: kimli at this domain dot com.
Now, the obligatory “About Me” section:
The longer the meme sat here, the guiltier I felt.
Also, the random spike of people checking out this profile had something to do with it.
So, in a less bullet-pointy kind of way, I finally unleash About Kimli: Now with More Paragraphs!
My name is Kimli. I live in North Vancouver with three cats, one boy, many computers and 8 video game consoles. I like the following things:
- Bulleted lists (hey, I managed to get four short paragraphs in before I resorted to one)
- Video games
- Diet Coke
- Falling down
Delicious Juice Dot Com (née deeay.com) has been running since March 30th, 2001. I am a frequent updater – I try for at least 5 days a week, and often run the full seven. This makes for a lot of content, but I honestly do try to keep it interesting. You’ll rarely see updates about what I ate for lunch that day unless on my way there I fell off my scooter, saw some snails, played a video game, and was wronged in some outrageous way. I love to tell a good story, and things – be they bizarre, horrible, wonderful, painful or just plain ridiculous – often happen to me. What else is there to do but share it with the world? Nothing, that’s what.
Recurring Delicious Juice Dot Themes will include all of the above list and more. Those are the things I’m passionate about – for example, scooters. I ride a scooter, a 2006 Yamaha Vino 125 named Oscar the Lady Tickler. In 2007, I was emphatic enough to get my closest circle of friends on scooters as well, and now our group is six scoots strong. I love having people to ride with, but I’m also happy riding alone. Scooters are awesome.
I’m also a die-hard gamer. I’ve been part of professional gaming teams since 1997, starting with the original Clan PMS, QGirlZ, and most recently, the Girlz of Destruction. In addition to PC gaming, I’m a huge console fan. I spend most of my time divided between the 360 (gamertag: kimli), my DS and the Wii, but we also have a few Sony consoles thrown in for good measure not to mention the Sega Dreamcast and Genesis systems. I’ve played a lot of video games and I love to write, so I put the two together and started keeping track of what games I play and what I think of them. Also, I just needed an excuse to add more content to the site because frankly, there just aren’t enough words.
I like snails. I do not know why. I only recently discovered our garden has snails in it, and I spent most of the summer taking pictures of my little slimy friends.
Oh, I guess that’s one other thing I forgot to mention – I like taking pictures. I’m hard-pressed to call what I do “photography”, since I am friends with real live photographers and other people who actually know what they’re doing with a camera, but I take pictures of stuff I like and I post them on my Flickr account. I’ll never win awards or make money, but I like my photos – I think they turn out well, for the most part.
Falling down: I have a very high center of gravity and I fall down a lot. I’m also accident prone, so much so that I had a special bag made. I had to stop keeping track though; it seemed like the damn thing never went any higher than 7 or so.
So, yeah. Thanks for stopping by!
This “About Me” section is a little disjointed, but you’ll have to forgive me for that (mostly because I said so).
Lazy. Here’s a meme instead.
- FIRST NAME? Kimli
- WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? My grandmother – except given the amount of false information I have about my past, I could very well have been named for something far more sinister.
- Tuesday evening, while reading Douglas Coupland’s book about Terry Fox.
- DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? My handwriting is EPIC.
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Revel in the restraint I show as I give an answer of “bacon”.
- KIDS? Hell no.
- WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? I would think myself to be obnoxious and showy. Fun fact: most of the people I’ve been in relationships with have stated their first thought about me was in the realm of “damn, she’s annoying”.
- HAVE A JOURNAL? Would you be reading this if I did not?
- DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? No, they were removed when I was 7.
- WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? There be no rope in the world strong enough to withstand the awesome weight of Kimli + gravity.
- DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES TO TAKE THEM OFF? None of my shoes have laces. Laces are for squares.
- FAVORITE SONG AT THE MOMENT? It’s a tie: Your Worst Mistake by Strung Out, Black Cat Bone by Laika, Pour Decisions by Real MacKenzies
- DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? KIMLI SMASH
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Tiger
- WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Genitals.
- RED OR PINK? Red
- WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING YOU LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF? My size
- WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My dad
- WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Black Mary Jane Crocs
- THE LAST THING YOU ATE? A “jumbo” blueberry muffin
- WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The sound of myself typing
- IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Explosive Orange
- FAVORITE SMELL? Honeysuckle
- WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Ed
- FAVORITE DRINK? Diet Coke in a glass, from a bottle, with four ice cubes
- FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? Um. Hockey?
- HAIR COLOR? Currently current. (see what I did there?)
- EYE COLOR? XXXTREME BROWN
- DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No
- FAVORITE FOOD? Donairs from Queen Donair in Edmonton
- SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? If by happy ending you mean no-strings-attached orgasm, I’ll take that.
- LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? Oh god. Um .. oh, I watched Bring it On with Shan a few weeks ago.
- WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Black. In fact, I’m wearing a black bra under a black tank top under a black lace t-shirt, with a black sweater over top.
- SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer.
- FAVORITE DESSERT? Any
- WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? I’m currently reading 5 or 6 books at once – I’m one of “those” people
- WHAT ‘S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Her
- WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Two back to back Simpson’s reruns: the one where Homer steals cable, and the one where a hobo tells stories.
- FURTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Malaysia, but I was 2. The furthest when old enough to remember: Dallas Texas, I guess. Maybe Montreal.
- WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Montreal, Quebec
4 thoughts on “about kimli”
I’ve been seeking out Vancouver bloggers and bloggers in general to participate in an online discussion that will bleed over into conventional media in early March. I was hoping you might be interested in possibly posting on the discussion on your blog and also contributing your comments.
Adrienne Clarkson, former Governor General of Canada, will deliver the 8th Annual LaFontaine-Baldwin Lecture at the Fairmont Hotel in Vancouver on Friday March 2 (900 West Georgia Street, 7pm-9pm), presenting a vital discussion on citizenship and democracy entitled “The Society of Difference”.
Mrs. Clarkson has posted a video question and invitation to the event. Comments and answers from the YouTube posting will be included as part of the speech at the Fairmont. The speech will be filmed and recorded for Ideas 2007, CBC Radio and TV with several other news sources present. This is an opportunity to make a mark on a topic that shapes our country through a new media. I hope you’ll tell anyone about it and possibly spread it on to your readers to participate in the commenting on the YouTube page.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions, rants about me contacting you, or any questions related to using posting the YouTube video. I’m hoping to get at least 15 – 20 blogs involved in the discussion. Let me know.
Also as a side note, tickets for the lecture are available through TicketMaster.ca
Please let me know if you’d like to receive a press release, email flyer, or updates on the events.
GASP! I says you live in North Van! YOU HAVEN’T UPDATED THIS SECTION!!!!
I love your blog Kimli and if I hadn’t made my own I wouldn’t have stumbled upon it. I need to get some sleep now, but I will be sure to check often as to what you write about. Cheers!
My first thought while reading your blog was wow you would be so perfect for my boyfriend. How twisted is that, eh? He, he, way to have an authentic voice, you rock, you are a quintessential Vancouver chick.