Things it is time to do:
- Straighten up and fly right
- Buckle down
- Apply nose to grind stone; hold
- Work hard for the money (so hard for it honey)
- Find a way to translate “if you’ve got time to lean you’ve got time to clean” into an office setting – current contenders include “if you’ve got time to chat you’ve got time to install Red Hat” and “if you’ve got time to stalk your former crushes on Facebook, you’ve got time to take a look (at this month’s QA report)”
- Climb inside box; think of things not presently in box with me
- Burn a candle at both ends
- Attempt to catch worm
- Find book; fly by it
- Get with the program
My boss inquired as to my working hours today, as he spotted me come in late and leave early yesterday. I’m routinely late – I have an issue with mornings – but I never leave early unless I have an appointment (as I did yesterday; new hair) and I don’t take lunch breaks so .. it all evens out, in my own head. Still, the stench of inquisition is upon me and I must change my ways to appear timely. I have a good thing going here, and I don’t want to fuck it up because I can’t get out of bed 30 minutes earlier.
My bra is incredibly uncomfortable.