Do I know how to party hard OR WHAT.
Last night I borrowed a barcode scanner from work, and proceeded to document the make, model and serial number of each piece of electronica in the house for insurance and anal purposes. WOO! I AM A WILD WOMAN! A well-organized, anal-retentive wild woman!
It’s always a good idea to document your goods, just in case. We have apartment insurance, but should anything ever happen to our place I wouldn’t trust them to rely on just our word that we really did have that many laptops and game consoles. Now I have proof, and soon I will have pictures to go along with my spreadsheet. I am prepared in case of emergency! I’m not welcoming an emergency in any way, but if there happened to be one, I can rest assured that I would eventually be able to replace my many, many toys with equally spectacular ones. Also, making lists is fun.
Yesterday I posted my 2008 in review, but what about the goals I had laid out for myself?
- Get a goddamn job already
- Ride my bicycle more
- Scoot to Victoria; freak out the squares
- Drive to San Francisco! This year’s vacation is (finally) my choice, and we’re going to stand in the shadow of the Golden Gate!
- Get at least one tattoo – maybe 7!
- Resolve the pug issue once and for all (cue this year’s ominous music)
- Be more social
- Eliminate the (admittedly very small, but still) amount of debt incurred since eliminating all our debt
I clearly knocked a few out of the park, but completely missed others. I got a job and it rocks; we scooted to Victoria and the squares were duly freaked out, and I was quite a bit more social than usual. I failed miserably at bike riding; we did not drive to San Francisco, I sadly got a total of 0 new tattoos, and we still have a little bit of debt.
And what of the pug?
It’s still an issue, but it’s on the back burner for now. Getting Lemon this year helped me forget about a pug for now, because even I can see the insanity behind having 4 cats and a dog. I know that I will have a pug one day, but it may be a few years off yet and I am okay with waiting for now.
2009 starts in just over 12 hours. What do I want to accomplish in the upcoming year?
- The usual; eat healthy and get outside more
- Drive to San Francisco – I have Ed’s word that this will happen this year
- Continue to eliminate our debt – the Mazdabator will be paid off in March, which will go a long way in helping us get rid of the other debts
- Here’s a new one: buy fewer video games. Shock and awe and all that, but I actually burned myself out on DS games this year. I currently have 5 unopened titles that I need to find time to play, and I’m just not feeling the burn like I did earlier in 2008
- Really work on that Being Social thing – Vancouver has a large and active blog community but very few people know who I am, even after being a Best of 604’er
- My no-flying in 2008 went really well; let’s continue to be green and attempt to scoot everywhere instead of driving (except to SF)
- Upgrade Oscar to 150ccs so I can go zippy fast hooray!
- Keep living the excellent life
- Be happy and content with Ed and our feline army
- Get my wordy tattoo
- Take over the world
How about you? Any grand aspirations for 2009?