When we last saw our spunky* heroine, she was stressed the fuck out because of Many Things. Although it’s only been three days, enough of those Many Things have moved and warrant an update of some kind.
- The completion date of our new place has been pushed out by over two months. That’s bad**!
- Photographs for our listing are still being taken this week. That’s good!
- The open house has to move: we’re now going to be listing Sparta in the new year. That’s bad!
- Ed won’t have to deal with moving in the middle of his Metal Man Cruise. That’s good!
- I am officially Annoyed to Fuck with my current 3-computer setup. That’s bad!
- I got a work laptop, so I get my own laptop back for personal use. That’s good!
- I accidentally bought a new 34″ curved ultra wide super HD monitor. That’s bad!
- I’m selling one of the aforementioned three computers to make room for it. That’s good!
- By the time we actually move, some of my stuff will have been in storage for almost ten months and I am vibrating with annoyance over this. That’s bad!
- Mere hours after my plaintive post about work uncertainty I had a meeting that basically allieviated that stress until at least 2020. That’s really, really good!
So, yeah. Completely grumpy about the new completion date. It’s giving me a whole new exciting set of things to worry about and lose sleep over. On the other hand, the next few months should go by pretty quickly what with all the Fun Times and hand-made tortillas to eat. I’m super angsty, though. Patience is not my strong suit.
*: think less Mary Tyler Moore and more .. sticky
**: This may be a bit of an understatement, as I am literally flipping tables in and with my mind