There’s a lot to be said for a random day off in the middle of the week – by noon today, I had:
- Survived an invasive appointment that had me out the door at 7:30am
- Gotten gas mere inches before the Mazdabator tank ran dry to strand me in the ass end of South Burnaby
- Purchased a flotilla of Diet Coke and discount Easter candy
- Stocked up on 80lbs of cat litter
- Bought a goddamn cuckoo clock
- Refilled my prescription for crazy pills as written by the OLDEST MAN IN THE UNIVERSE
- Whipped up a fresh batch of henna
- Added way, way too much ground clove to the henna
- Vacuumed the living room
- Did a load of laundry
- Emptied the dishwasher and put in another load
- Burned my scalp when applying the clovey henna
- Ate leftovers
I’m now sitting at my desk wearing little more than a shower cap and a smile; writing words all over the internet and finishing up a flow chart for fun instead of profit. I have absolutely no plans for the remainder of the day (I should probably rinse this henna out at some point), a startling amount of Diet Coke within reach, and an itch to simultaneously sew something awesome and play video games at the same time. I have to assume that attempting to scratch both my itches at once would end in disaster and injury, so I’m going to pick one and go with it until I’m bored, then start the other. Random Thursday Off is for Good Times.
I have made an Important Decision, and I am at peace with it – details coming soon, I think.
Also, this is hilarious and you should watch it because it made me choke with the funny.