I have a sereis of Year End blog posts that I usually write:
- A recap of the previous year
- A final tally of iTunes spending
- A post revisiting the goals I laid out for myself at the end of the previous year, and what I want to accomplish in the year ahead
While looking for my 2011/2012 goals post, I realized I didn’t actually write one: I was too stressed out about losing my job before NYE, and dealing with the aftermath of my cookie adventure in the days that followed. As a result, I completely forgot about my “what I did/what I want to do” post, which is probably for the best: it would have turned into a huge freakout about not having a job and my only goal would have been to fix that immediately. In April, I did just that – did it most spectacularly, actually – and the rest of the year was a great deal of fun, including my much-desired trip to London 2.0. Now that 2012 will draw to an official close in just under 9 hours as of this writing, what do I hope to accomplish in 2013?
- MORE. ADVENTURE. (you thought that was going to say “more boners”, didn’t you? well, I do hate to disappoint:)
- MORE. BONERS.
- Continue to kick ass at my job. I don’t write about work very often because I’m (still, 7 months in) trying not to jinx things: I really, really, really love my job. The work is fulfilling, my co-workers are amazing, I am continually challenged with interesting things, and I look forward to going into the office each day. I can’t believe that I lucked out in getting this job, and I want to do my damnest to make sure I’m a vital part of the team.
- So, with above in mind: get promoted. I recently realized that I’ve never actually been promoted in a job – I’ve received raises and new titles and so many more duties, but never an official “you were level 8 and now you are level 9 – gratz!” sort of thing. My current title is “Technical Writer”, so my goal is to be a “Senior Technical Writer”. I have no idea what that entails or what kind of arduous quests I will need to complete, but I would like to do it. In 2013. GO!
- It would be pretty lofty of me to wish for time in London for a third year in a row (but oh how much do I want to be back in London – SO MUCH), so I will aim for something a little more this-continenty in 2013: it’s been way too long since I’ve been to Portland. Also, I would really like to do New York again for realz (without the crazy casting schedule and death in the family this time).
- Seriously, more adventure. That means getting out of the house more; leaving my comfort zones. I want to see and do new things, meet and do new people, have excellent times that result in epic blog posts (or better yet, the dreaded bullet point cop-out because too much went on to paragraph it all up). Fun: I want to have it.
- More scooting. The arrival of the Minibator meant I didn’t do nearly as much scooting this year as I have in years past, so 2013 will be a good time to fix that.
- Um .. eat more veggies, I guess.
- Be happy!
.. they aren’t the noblest of goals, but they’re what I need right now.
2012, you started out shaky (literally), but redeemed yourself quite nicely. I can’t wait to see what 2013 has in store!
Happy New Year, y’all! Be safe tonight!