So I ordered some stuff from my favourite Japanese website a couple weeks ago, and the box arrived this morning. What I was getting was a total surprise – I had ordered the Fukubukuro Lucky Bag 2011, which is basically a big grab bag of random Japanese goodness. I figured it would be at the very least interesting, and at best completely awesome so why not take a chance because random is a lot of fun.
There are a lot of weird ass things in the Lucky Bag, including but not limited to:
- A fuzzy pig
- A strangely offensive bendie doll
- A coy fuzzy tiger making sexual overtures
- A sheet of fake leather to make your cell phone classy
- A golden stork delivering a shiny crystal that I gave to my pregnant coworker who was thrilled
- A pocket that, when squeezed, barfs out a little marble with Doraemon on it
- This thing that looks like a bowl of chicken soup with a plastic pocket containing a coin and instructions written entirely in Japanese
- .. and this thing:
WHAT IS THIS THING?! WHY DO I HAVE IT??! I AM TERRIFIED and kind of jealous of that hood, actually. It looks warm and cute. Seriously though, if you know any Japanese people, can you please ask them what this thing is and if I should be afraid or overjoyed that I have it? It came in bubble wrap but no packaging or information, just a happy dude in a green suit with a bunch of things tied around his neck and a fuzzy red hood.
I am so confused.