Tomorrow afternoon I get to give the first of five presentations on Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards. The presentation is as exciting as you might expect, but with a few extras thrown in to amuse myself:
- 1 transformers reference
- a picture of Devastator with “PCI DSS” photoshopped across his robo-knuckles
- Two Star Trek references; one TOS and one TNG
- Pictures of Vault Boy on almost every slide
- Referring to our PCI team as dashingly handsome throughout the presentation
- A line about the Wheel of Time for some reason
.. the entire thing is about as irreverent as I could get it; it’s not nearly as serious as it probably should be.
Also, our scary new CEO will be sitting in on the presentation. And I spent money on Oreos to keep people awake.
This can only be COMPLETELY AWESOME and not at all a terrible career move.