Yesterday was one of the strangest days I’ve ever had in my life. The Fountain of WTF peaked around 5pm, when I was interviewed at CBC for Connect with Mark Kelley – you can check it out below; my segment starts around 8:30 mark (but the whole show is great; lots of talk about the riots and people who tried to help during it).
Incidentally, it’s hard to get a screen cap with my name (spelled right this time!) in which I do not look like some sort of tool.
Some things to note:
- Isn’t my hair awful? I cut it myself the night before. In retrospect, if I had known I was gonna be on TV, I might have put the scissors down.
- I’m wearing the same dress I was wearing the LAST time I was on CBC – how gauche!
- No, I can’t say that last sentence with a straight face, and I find it utterly hysterical that it’s something I can utter at all – my life is ridiculous
- Dude, they covered my boobs with a banner! I suppose that’s for the best – again, if I had known I was going to be on TV I might have worn something a little more demure
- Oh, who am I kidding – I’d probably have shown up looking like this
- It’s my birthday! Happy birthday to me!
I’ve got birthday things to do now, but I’ve got a follow up post about the rioters I featured below a-brewin’ in my head – I’ll try to get that up later today. A lot of stuff has unfolded in the last 36 hours, and it’s all fascinating (in a voyeuristic kind of way).