Yesterday was one of the strangest days I’ve ever had in my life. The Fountain of WTF peaked around 5pm, when I was interviewed at CBC for Connect with Mark Kelley – you can check it out below; my segment starts around 8:30 mark (but the whole show is great; lots of talk about the riots and people who tried to help during it).
Incidentally, it’s hard to get a screen cap with my name (spelled right this time!) in which I do not look like some sort of tool.
Some things to note:
- Isn’t my hair awful? I cut it myself the night before. In retrospect, if I had known I was gonna be on TV, I might have put the scissors down.
- I’m wearing the same dress I was wearing the LAST time I was on CBC – how gauche!
- No, I can’t say that last sentence with a straight face, and I find it utterly hysterical that it’s something I can utter at all – my life is ridiculous
- Dude, they covered my boobs with a banner! I suppose that’s for the best – again, if I had known I was going to be on TV I might have worn something a little more demure
- Oh, who am I kidding – I’d probably have shown up looking like this
- It’s my birthday! Happy birthday to me!
I’ve got birthday things to do now, but I’ve got a follow up post about the rioters I featured below a-brewin’ in my head – I’ll try to get that up later today. A lot of stuff has unfolded in the last 36 hours, and it’s all fascinating (in a voyeuristic kind of way).
8 thoughts on “hey, i’m on tv”
well said, but the “I’m not planning on making a career of being of being in any rap video” was awesome. you’ve gone and done good girl. :)
You were totally coherent, with no teleprompter, and the message was The Truth. But your comment “Dude, they covered my boobs with a banner!” was not so truthful, as your movements while speaking to the camera were like a fine tall ship moving through the swells, and those boobs did break out from the confines of the banner.
Oh man, I was totally looking forward to your up and coming carreer as Vancouver’s newest rap sensation…! Damn it!
(Aww! Kimli! You did good!)
ZOMG! I totally crafted with this famous person! And I bought a lego necklace from her! Way to go Kimli. I think you did a fine job!
I live outside Detroit, and although we heard a ton about the riot, nothing in the Detroit media has been mentioned about the clean up.
It’s all about you, baby. Never forget, it’s all about YOU!!!!
Well, this IS my own blog .. ?
Pingback: mmxi in review « delicious juice dot com: unapologetically inappropriate